News & Events
Stay in touch, stay informed
Wishes for 2022
– Despite high volatility in Q4 and uncertainty for 2022, most investors remain fairly overweight on Equities. Last month again was a roller coaster. It started well but later in the month, investors’ mood deteriorated following several lockdown announcements across Europe and the discovery of the new variant Omicron. Finally, Jerome Powell spooked markets by turning surprisingly hawkish, stating that inflation was no longer considered transitory and that tapering could happen faster than previously planned.
– In terms of performance, the funds ended the month in negative territory, most rebounding a week later.
– Omicron is now compromising Q1 2022 roadshows & visits and so joy was short lived as foreign asset managers are moving back to full digital interactions.
K Women Leader’s tips in Paris with Anne de Lanversin, CEO of Generali Global Pension.
– November has been the busiest month YTD in terms of marketing and client interactions on the back of October, which was the best month of the year for many equity markets. We hosted several roadshows. More dates to come although, Covid latest news are a concern.
– We are delighted to announce 2 new exciting partnerships to K Funds. One fund, joining the fund range, is a hydrogen-focused equity ucits fund. The other 2 funds are Fixed Income Ucits funds. These are K Funds’ first Fixed Income funds and we are delighted to expand in this space with such a talented and awarded manager.
– Finally, we will be hosting our next K Women session in Paris on Dec 7th, as always thanks to the support of some great CEOs & talented leaders in Europe. We are hoping to host sessions in Geneva and Luxembourg early 2022 if Covid situation allows it.
– Concerns about Chinese growth and a global reflation weighed on global equity markets in September, generating volatility across markets. Questions surrounding the liquidity of the Chinese construction sector raised concerns about a possible slowdown which could impact global growth. Hence many equity funds showed significant negative returns last month. October month-to-date saw a strong rebound with many funds recovering up to now. During those volatile times, our team remains fully available and on deck should you need any information or access to the managers.
– Roadshows and events are clearly back and increasing.
– Finally, we were delighted to resume our K Women sessions this month, thanks to the support of some great CEOs & talented leaders in the context of our programm: ”K Women Leader’s Tips’’ (off records with Top European Leaders).
K Women Leader’s tips in Paris with guest: Pascale Auclair, Secrétaire Général & Member of Board of La Française Group.
– August and September saw the return of many investors towards Equity Growth funds. Asset managers saw strong inflows on the back of this trend. The summer ended with once again a positive month for global equities as the strong earnings momentum from US and European companies more than offset weaker macro releases across major regions, especially China, the rise of the delta variant and taper hints from the Fed.
– With sanitary passed making this possible, we are finally back on the road, travelling and organising events. We are organising a K Women event in Paris on October 13th.
– Latin America has been generating lot of interest from investors since the beginning of the year. The MSCI LatAm equity index returning +35% over the last 12 months. We will be hosting a Latin America roadshow in Paris on October 18th. We will then be attending Monaco’s FundForum on October 19th, 20th and 21st.
– Roadshows are back and we are looking forward to meeting with you again face to face !
– Global equities ended July slightly up as the positive surprises from the quarterly earnings’ season were overshadowed by economic slowdown concerns, the rise of the delta variant and the Fed’s tapering talks. All funds on the range (ex EM) showed strong positive returns, +330 to +710 bps each for the month. 2021 may be on route to another record equity year.
– With vaccination and sanitary passports on the rise, we are hoping to get back to face to face meetings and roadshows from september.
– As we are heading into a busy news week with Fed announcements, many Q2 earnings results and EU key data publications, July might reinforce the return of investors towards quality growth equity investing. All funds performed strongly in June, 100% outperforming their benchmark. We hosted Q2 updates and virtual roadshows with managers in July and, as August should get a little quieter, we are hoping to be back in front of clients in September as vaccinations figures are increasing everywhere.
– As we are waiting for several important speeches this week, we are expecting further volatility until the end of the month as we saw during May. Despite uncertainty and the rotation, our fund managers haven’t experienced much redemptions, confirming long term convictions in our funds. During the last 6 weeks, we have increased portfolio updates to ensure investors are fully updated and have access to managers
– New funds roll-out has been delayed due to administrative constraints but we are still hoping for 3-4 new funds during H2. Managers have been filing for SFDR and funds should be eligible for Article 8 and Article 9. Finally, we have reinforced middle office resources and have developed a transactions reporting tool to facilitate assets reconciliations and client servicing.